Sunday, June 17th 2012 is the final day of operations for The World’s Greatest Seattle Walking Tour. Here are a few other walking tour options in Seattle:
If you have a Groupon or Living Social, visit the following sites for details on refunds:
- $15 cash or plastic (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX). Tickets are sold at the meeting location or online (click the Buy Now button below). No reservations accepted (or needed).
- The tour meets at Westlake Park on the corner of 4th Avenue and Pine Street, kitty corner from Macy’s (click here for map
- Lasts 2 hours, covers 1.5 miles, and ends in Pioneer Square, which is a 20 minute walk or short, free bus ride from starting point. Or better yet, you can parlay your Pioneer Square visit to hit up nearby attractions such as the International District, Bainbridge Island Ferry, West Seattle Water Taxi, waterfront, Klondike Gold Rush Museum or even the Seattle Underground Tour.
- The tour is almost entirely flat or downhill and is both dog and stroller friendly.
No tours scheduled
The pub crawl edition is the exact same walking tour with two pub stops along the way. It’s more leisurely and social than the standard walking tour… a great way to sample some great local beers or wine and meet people from across the world.
- Food is available at both pub stops
- The pub crawl is every Saturday at 4 pm (May 28 – September 5) at the same location – corner of 4th Avenue and Pine Street – as the standard walking tour.
- Only guests 21+ please.
For similar pub crawls in Capitol Hill, visit The World’s Greatest Seattle Trivia Crawls
The World’s Greatest Seattle Walking Tour was named by CBS Local as one the best historical tours“Best Way to Get to Know Seattle” list
“As a native and a former employee of both the UW archives (Special Collections) and Seattle Municipal Archives, I assumed I would be a pretty hard sell for this sort of thing. However, I completely enjoyed this tour! It was fabulous to put all the events I learned about Seattle’s formative years into context.” – Marion B, Seattle
“We came to Seattle on a business trip and had a few extra hours on the first day and were lucky enough to find a brochure for this walking tour. We love walking tours of cities and this one is among the best.” – Entlebuch, Houston (More TripAdvisor reviews
“My girlfriend and I took this tour on a Saturday at 10:30am – with Wendy as our tour guide. She was absolutely amazing and informative and I learned more than I could have imagined about Seattle and each of the neighborhoods. I am so happy we decided to do this tour – plus it was a bargain at $15/person and you can pay with cash or credit.” – LoveLondon3, San Diego
Private tours are available. Perfect for smaller groups that want a private experience or large groups such as birthday parties, workplace team building, an activity for out of town wedding guests, conferences, etc.
Discount rates are available for large groups. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org